Announcing an exciting new project for Plaistow South that we have been dreaming of for years. We urgently need your help to reach 100 ‘pledges’ within 2 weeks!
Mind, Body and Soul Food: Building a kitchen for a community café & social enterprise with therapeutic garden at REIN’s youth/community Centre in Cumberland Road to facilitate social enterprise, mindfulness, well-being & inclusion 🙂
This is a ‘crowdfunding project’ that relies on financial and practical support from large numbers of local people and organisations. We need ‘pledges’ of £2 – £500+! It is a partnership between REIN, Urban Mindfulness and PSBL and would cost £113K for the first stage.
Here are the exciting advantages of the Mind, Body and Soul Food project.
- New kitchen suitable for a community café and social enterprise.
- Small therapeutic garden that offers a tranquil time out space for young adults and their families.
- New floor to the community hall suitable for well-being classes, workshops and courses.
- Free educational Mindfulness Course with a prosocial intention to each Secondary School in Newham
- Free educational Self defence course with a prosocial intention to each Secondary School in Newham
- Week long summer mindfulness school for youngsters and their families in Newham
- Address diversity & inclusion as highlighted by the Mindfulness All Party Parliamentary Group Report “Mindful Nation”
- Impact assessment to assess benefits & inform future application, including possible wider use e.g other London boroughs
- Work with community/schools to identify individuals/groups who would benefit most and/or who are at greatest risk
We need your help to pass on the Word. The SpaceHive crowdfunding website is here https://www.spacehive.com/rein that you need to make your pledge on. If you need help with it, please do give us a ring or email. This can only work if we can build up a wonderful community body of support. If you can tell your neighbours and friends, it would help a lot. Schools, organisations, businesses: please do also pledge support.
Our first goal is 100 pledges from local people within the next 2 weeks!!