Our two green spaces community workers are on the case to help ‘South Plaistownians’ develop ideas and mini projects to green up the locality.
In our early consultations with residents, you most definitely wanted the green spaces in our area to have some attention, and you had a dream for a more beautiful neighbourhood with plants, trees, community growing, local vegetables etc.
Milena Rouse and Ros Southern joined us in August. For what they’ve been up to – see the latest newsletter.
Things on the go:
- A fortnightly gardening club on 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 11am at the Mix
- Wednesday 24 January – Gardening club 11-12.30
- Thurs 25 Jan Launch of the green spaces task group – help Milena and Ros with some decisions
- Saturday 3 Feb 2-3.30 Family event – Wassailing in the Greenway Orchard – a community sing song to the trees!
Hopefully coming up… more info soon…
- Greening up Barbers Alley with planters
- A celebration of the Spring Equinox on 21 March
Do get in touch if you have any ideas for green spaces or streets – big or small. Take some pics, send your ideas, have a cuppa with us to think things through.
To see some past activities, see the blog
or for earlier events see below …
We joined LBN and the Green Gym on a freezing day at the end of January for the launch of the Greenway Orchard Project (at the Boundary Lane junction of the Greenway) – taking along the models created by Brampton Manor School students and Library users, created to represent ideas for public art on the Greenway.
We are working in partnership with LBN, Thames Water, Newham University Hospital and The Conservation Volunteers, also involving local schools, to develop a community orchard on a strip of Greenway land adjacent to the hospital. Meanwhile, here is info about TCV’s ‘Green Gym’ project on the site which is helping to prepare the ground:
– coming soon