Want to join an old English custom in the Greenway Orchard? We will be ‘wassailing’ (singing) to the apple/pear trees, to ‘help’ them bear ample amount of fruit to ensure a good harvest.
Saturday 3 February 2-3.30, rain or shine, come along to the Orchard (next to Boundary Lane)
- Tour of the Orchard/history/tree identification/info
- Singing, processing and pot banging (bring your own saucepans and lids)
- Small bonfire to toast marshmallows
- Apple cakes/pies competition – bring yours along on the day
- Crowning (decorating) an apple tree
- Warm drinks and lovely apple cakes/pies 🙂
Do come along and find out about how you can use the Orchard and the growing space. This is a child-friendly event – children must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult. Please wear appropriate clothes for an outdoor event and a fire – no loose clothes or flammable clothes.
We look forward to spending an unusual Saturday afternoon with you!
More info from: firstname.lastname@example.org 07957 534908 or email@example.com 07388 406499
RSVPs would be very helpful. 🙂